Our ideal candidate has the ability to be responsible for the overall execution and efficient development of a project or a significant portion of a larger project. Interacts with the PIC, PM, Project Designer, and project team members to produce a systematic progression of the project phases.
- Manages the project team members’ day-to-day assignments
- Manages the quality and timeliness of the execution of the work
- Supports PM in maintaining client rapport and satisfaction
- Protects the firm’s liability exposure to the fullest extent possible
- Assists in the maintenance of project logs, notebooks, and files
- Assists in design charrettes and arranges quality assurance reviews at appropriate stages in the development of the design and documentation
- Supports PM in adhering to budget, schedule, and project implementation planning, making adjustments in schedules or scope of work as PIC / PM deem necessary to respond to deficiencies
- Works with PM to monitor project status and conveys problems and suggested solutions to PIC, and determines action plan in concert with PM
- Responsible for day-to-day communications with PM, consultants, and government agencies (when requested), involving PIC as necessary. Makes appearances before client groups, building departments, other government agencies, etc. as required to advance the project toward construction and eventual occupancy
- Assists with the development of the building program, design concepts, and synthesis. Jointly ensures fidelity between the program, the building design, and the budget with the Project Designer. Initiates and directs basic building systems and design details. Coordinates specifications. Coordinates and implements selection of materials, colors, and finishes as prepared by Project Designer.
- Participates in the value analysis or cost reduction activities required to keep the project within budget.
- Jointly responsible for constructability, code compliance, and coordination with government agencies with the Project Designer
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of construction documents and coordination with other disciplines
- Makes detailed review of final drawings and specs. Obtains PM review and PIC signature on drawings.
- Assists PM in bidding/negotiation activities (where applicable). Answers inquiries from bidders and coordinates issuance of Addenda.
- Where applicable, administers or supervises construction contract administration services
Devenney Group is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Veteran